Lily's turning ONE! Yes, my beautiful little baby Lily is getting her own number. Can you believe it? I sure can't! Planning a first birthday party can be tricky. Who is the party for, really? The child is only turning one, they won't really remember. This is true. So with that thought in mind, is the party for the guests?
I don't see it as that and here's why...One of my most favorite things to do is look at pictures of my childhood. The pictures don't create themselves. They exist because of memories, experiences, happenstance. I look at the first birthday party as such. The first milestone and the start of many more memories, experiences or happenstances to come. My goal is to make it one of the most memorable experiences of my daughter's, my husband, my guests and my life. On that note, look at all the fun stuff I've been making for Lily's big day (the "theme", though I don't technically like to claim one, is alphabet):
 |
| Flash card invitation "Ll is for Lily" side A. |
 |
| Flash card invitation side B (notice the address? I've exposed my inner nerd). |
I have been a pinterest addict recently and there are so many projects I've found there that I want to recreate but just haven't had the chance yet. However, I did get around to making these gorgeous tissue paper pom-pom's. I think they'll look great with all the other decorations. And check out what I did with the scraps. SIMPLE!
 |
| Don't judge my shower/bath, the curtain rod was just the best place to hang them at the time (and yes that is the high chair, it needed a serious cleaning) |
 |
| They are so fun. Dainty but elegant. Beautiful but fun. |
 |
| These are all the scraps from the pom-pom's (from rounding the edges). A clear jar without any detail or etching may be better but this was all I had on hand at the time. Maybe confetti? |
Some other great ideas I have up my sleeve, or should I say "pinned" on my pinterest board are as follows:
 |
| LOVE this idea, alphabet flashcards for the food cards. |
 |
| Thanks to "Blonde invitations & stationary" for the ideas/inspiration! |
 |
| The table runner is...well...Stunning. And oh-so-simple! |
 |
| Love the first year photo collage idea. |
I'm practically boiling over with ideas and inspiration but I don't want to completely spoil it...pictures of the big event to follow. Stay tuned!
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment