Monday, February 13, 2012

Purple Sugar

Have you ever smelled purple sugar? I mean really smelled purple sugar? Well if you haven't you are missing out on (if I may say) one of the single most delicious and invigorating scents your nostrils will every have the pleasure of experiencing.
To the best of my knowledge I had never smelled purple sugar until just the other day I got my very own dose of the wonderful aroma. The best is that it doesn't come in the form of a cookie, cupcake or candy of any kind. For that matter, in my case, it didn't come in the form of food at all but instead from the sweet essence of nature. It came in the form of a Lily.
There wasn't anything particularly special about this Lily other than the fact that it was an ordinary, un-fancy kind of Sunday afternoon. My daughter (Keira) and I had to stop by the grocery store on our way home to grab some very specific, yet insignificant items for dinner. Low and behold, as we walked through the produce section of Food Lion there sat the beautiful arrangement of the purple-sugar-scented-pink-pigmented pretty little pots of lilies. All done up for Valentine's Day I couldn't stand leaving that store without my very first encounter with the rare but lovely scent of...

PURPLE SUGAR!

Upon arriving home my husband looked somewhat inquisitively at my arm of groceries and pot full of lilies. As i unloaded my dinner items I proceeded to take the lilies to him and asked him to smell them. Bewildered, he agreed that they were not only beautiful but also very fragrant. Keira instantly spoke up and said, "dad, don't they smell like purple sugar?" His face lit up and he got (what I imagine) was the same sparkle in his eye that must of brightened my entire aura while continuing on through our grocery excursion. It was at that time the he knew he just discovered...

Purple Sugar!

So, no matter what form. No matter what place, No matter what time No matter what color. When the sweetness and innocence of that perfect little face asks you what it smells like to you, think...

purple sugar!

Slainte,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment