Monday, March 5, 2012

Low Key, High Quality Weekend

Feeling a little under-the-weather, my family and I decided to take it easy this weekend. But if your family is anything like mine. Taking it easy isn't always as 'easy' as you'd thought it would be. Nonetheless, it was a fine weekend.

How many of you can say, you went to a jewelry party where you caught up with old friends over bubbly and shrimp cocktails, knit a cutey little striped baby hat, designed 6 different label templates for a small business (business plug: http://www.shenandoahspicecompany.com/) and enjoyed a 'secco storm' (as in Prosecco brainstorming, duh!) with 4 beautiful, entertaining and inspiring women? Don't think the kids were neglected during any of this...somehow I managed to squeeze quality kid time in between it all. Sorry, Josh (the husband), you were a bit on the back burner. By no fault of my own though. He was busy working away on his spices for the upcoming farmers market season. Can't wait!

Sometimes, in life, it seems that nothing is working in your favor but despite all the things that could be going wrong or have gone wrong, life takes a turn in the right direction and you feel the wind on your face, the sun on your nose and hear opportunity at your door step. In light of my current under-the-weather kind of feeling; I have an overall good feeling about the ventures and experiences in store for me this year and many years to come.

So today, I have nothing more to say than this...enjoy all of life's simplest pleasures, today and everyday. You never know when an opportunity is knocking on your door or an experience is waiting around the corner!

I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous week and many more to follow!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment