Sunday, March 4, 2012

Peaces by Vic Cagan

I love a great handmade item and the jewels I got this weekend were just that! A good friend of mine hosted a jewelry party quite a few years ago and the greatest part about it was that the jewelry was made with love, peace and healing vibes by a dear friend of hers, Vic Cagan, "Peaces". Having gotten a gorgeous necklace and pair of earrings from the last party I was anxious to see what this party had in store.

Victoria (Vic) Cagan, is a licensed psychotherapist in Lawrence, Kansas. Her practice involves eclectic modalities of treatment such as; Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, psychodynamic theory and music centered therapy through guided imagery with music. So needless to say, she has plenty happening on the forefront and can't devote her life to her secondary hobbies and entrepreneurial endeavors. (Though if you ask me, she could have a GREAT thing going)

Vic Cagan. Psychotherapist by day, jewelry designer and artist by night.

You can't find her website because there isn't one. She just finds peace and enjoyment in creating these dazzling little pieces of jewelry and I thank her for it! She has unbelieveable talent and creativity when it comes to designing and envisioning the latest trends while also being true to herself and her own style. What I find to be the neatest part of all, is that through her training and knowledge in the field of therapy, she believes that each piece of jewelry created holds a therapeutic value and she strives to incorporate these qualities into each one . It is no secret that certain gemstones are said to have healing and therapeutic properties but people tend to take them for granted (I being one of them).

At this particular jewelry party it's not just about trying on a piece and wondering if the style or color fits your wardrobe, if the length is good for your neckline, if the earrings are too big and flashy and so forth. It's more about putting the piece on and deciding whether it fits your life, your energy and your being. By doing so, you will find that everything else about it, aesthetically, falls right into place. Vic provides the healing and therapeutic value of her pieces on the tag so you understand the underlying properties in each one. For me, this makes the choosing process even more fun!

All that said, my particular "peaces" found me...you could say.

I went into the party with NO intentions of buying a single thing, but let's be real...A female, drinking bubbly and oogling over handmade healing jewels. The odds were against me. I've found that I am a very simple and practical (most of the time) kind of person. My sister on the other hand, is not so simple. While she was paroozing the goodies I acted as her personal stylist offering up my opinion on what looked good and suited her and what didn't; when low and behold, there they were...MY necklaces. I put the first one on (the little black onyx number) and felt the love for it immediately. The second one, however, I was unsure of. I was drawn to it all night but it wasn't until the end of the night that I finally put it on. I was alone and kind of sneakingly trying it on (to easily persuade myself not to buy it) when all of a sudden it was as if the room went dark and someone dropped the spotlight right one me. Everyone stared in my direction. It was one of those moments of awe. Not the typical "oh, that looks nice on you" but the wow factor. With a reaction like that, I had to go to a mirror and see what all the fuss was about.

It was more bold then my usual liking. It was daring and eye catching and I tend to like a more subdued, understated look but something about it held my interest.

Red Coral is said to have cleansing, strengthening and repairing qualities for immune system health. I could certainly use that right now! My family has been passing around viral, cold and allergy related sicknesses for quite some time now and I'm so over it! Well, can you guess what happened next? I bought both and called it an evening. Thanks, Vic and Raven, for a lovely evening. I look forward to the next one!

Peaces by Vic Cagan

My new bold and daring red coral "peace"

Black onyx..negativity not welcome here!


There's so much more than what meets the eye. I challenge you to discover it!

Thank you all for stopping by.

à bientôt (until we meet again/see you soon)

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment